Monday, November 14, 2005

We're back!






We had a great vacation in our nation's capital. The kids attended a soccer workshop led by Uncle Ole and Auntie Juliet. There is a rumor circulating that N scored on Ole but that is disputed by some parties.

Strangely enough, while at the White House, a group of tourists from Japan figured out that the kids were triplets and then asked to get their pictures taken with our children. So there they were in front of a tourist destination, the White House, standing with the "Triplet" tourist attraction from Fisherville. That happened once before in Georgia at Stone Mountain and it was weird then too.

The kids were very impressed with the Lincoln Memorial. They just couldn't believe what a great job the builders did making that memorial look just like the building on the penny!

Now that we are back, we got started with our lessons again. However, this morning when I went down to the schoolroom I found that our big fat cat, Yogi, had been locked in the basement all night long. While locked in the room, he needed to use the facilities. Fortunately, he managed to perch himself on top of the Sheriff Woody hat located in the middle of the floor and pee perfectly inside it. I thought I had really gotten lucky since his mark was true and the hat wasn't picked up by an unsuspecting child and put on the child's head. So, my job was very simple, I thought, empty the hat and throw it away.

Mission accomplished! Time to start our day, right?

However, that wasn't the only present Yogi left for me. Apparently, he also pooped in the corner. How did I discover this gift, you ask? I didn't. N did.

He stepped in it.

Then N panicked and ran to tell me that he had stepped in cat poop which successfully tracked the poop through the schoolroom. At that point his brother, L, who couldn't understand why N was screaming, ran into the schoolroom to determine what was amiss. Can you guess what happened next?

Yes, L then stepped in the poop and he also panicked. L started screaming and running to tell me what happened which made an identical but separate poop track through the schoolroom, right next to his brother's.

This afternoon I'll be shampooing the carpet in the schoolroom. BLEH!

No comments: