Friday, November 16, 2007

It's official. I'm newly single.

Well, after 13 months of enduring a contentious divorce, I got the final papers in the mail today.  


I'm newly single as of Nov. 13.

I feel like I should have some sort of ceremony or party or something to mark this transition but I can't seem to figure out what ceremony should be.  A friend of mine recommended that it should involve a large margarita with a cosmo on the side.  But that doesn't quite seem right.

I don't know.  Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about doing something for you...like getting your hair done, or reinventing yourself, maybe buying a new outfit or a new book to read!

Whatever it is, something that will bring you joy!

Blessings on this new season in your life! You will be great! Don't look back, only ahead.

Dee :) (you know the email :))

Anonymous said...

If I were you, I'd pamper myself by going to a bookstore/library for an hour or so of relaxation, then I'd buy a necklace, bracelet, or ring with my and my kids birthstones on it. Take care, and I hope the coming year brings you the happiness you deserve.
Dot

Jen said...

Congratulations!!! It will get so much better. My husband and I (we were both married previously) tell people "the first one is just for practice." It is devastating but better things are in store.

I couldn't figure out how to appropriately "celebrate" my divorce either. Maybe write yourself a letter stating what you'd like your life to be like in a year, or something. Then you can get it out next Nov. 13 and assess.