Thursday, September 28, 2006

Aloha

Recently my good friend, Juliet, went to Hawaii with her husband, Ole. They were on an extended layover as they journeyed to their new home in Japan.

They sent back a care package to the kidlets that included a grass skirt, bikini top and hair flowers. GooseyGirl thought the outfit was dazzling and the boys decided to get into the act by putting on some of her dresses. They could hardly stand themselves!

I firmly believe laughter soothes the soul and my kidlets got plenty of soothing this day!

In addition, Juliet sent some edible goodies that are common in Japan. Apparently, instead of pretzels, you can go to the vending machine and pick up something yummy like fish snacks. Basically it is crispy sugary small dried fish fillets.

Now don't all bombard me with requests to send you some! RocketMan has discovered that he REALLY likes them.

In fact, and I never thought these words would come out of my mouth, I had to say to him, "That's enough fish snacks for now. No more until after dinner."

Yep, and the dog liked them too.


Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: