Friday, September 01, 2006

Big Hair and Rainbow Rods

I've been trying to expand my musical tastes and I've introduced everything from Andrea Bocelli to Eminem. I swear I can feel my IQ slip when I listen to certain types of music. (I'll leave it to your imagination which musical genres I'm talking about).

Today I discovered that Gooseygirl's IQ can be similarly effected, but not by music.

Her IQ drops according to hairstyle.

Right now she is in the process of growing out her bangs. Her bangs are too long to look normal and too short to tuck behind her ear. As a result, she looks like a sheep dog and apparently her brain functions on the same level when I don't pin up her bangs.

Yesterday she was easily doing column addition with her hair up. Today she couldn't remember her subtraction facts with her bangs down. That's when I figured it out. Her hair forms some sort of electromagnetic brain wave helmet that forces her neurons to misfire due to the brunette interference of the hair follicles. I know it is a very scientific theory and I'm considering writing a unit study around the impact of big hair on intelligence. Of course, I'll have to write a section on the exceptions, Einstein for example. But then again, who knows what he would have been capapble of if he'd just shaved his noggin'.

As a baby she had wispy cutie pie hair that I kept in layers because it was so adorable. She went through a phase where she wouldn't leave the house without a hat on. I love that my only girl is so completely girlie-girl. Her Aunt Cecilia painted her toenails once and Gooseygirl was over the moon with happiness.

I'm thinking that if I shave her head she could become a nuclear physicist. Hmmmmmm......


Flat Stanley Update
The kids have sent out 9 Flat Stanleys so far and are anxiously awaiting their return to learn about his adventures with our friends. Today BirdMan was sending his newest Flat Stanley to St. Louis and he was so excited.

"Ohhhhh! I sure do hope Stanley gets to visit the rainbow rod!", said BirdMan.

"The what?", I asked.

"You know, The Rainbow Rod", he replied.

snort, giggle, giggle

It took me a minute to figure out he was talking about the St. Louis Arch!




Technorati Tags
, , ,

No comments: