Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The mystery has been solved



I did almost all of our Christmas purchases online again this year so we've been getting tons of visits from the UPS man and our mailman. The mailman puts the boxes by the garage with our bundle of regular mail, rubber banded together, sitting on top of the box. I generally send the kids out to get the mail each day. Lately they'd come in with wet mail and I just assumed that they'd dropped some pieces on their way back from the mailbox.

Friday I found a box by the garage door but no mail. Instead, the mail was in the middle of the front yard. I thought maybe with all the snow and ice, the mailman just sort of tossed it there so he wouldn't slip and fall on our driveway.

Then yesterday the doorbell rang, it was the mailman. He had a box and a bundle of mail. Wet mail.

He said, "Did you get your mail on Friday?"

I said, "Yeah, it was in the yard but I found it."

He said, "Well, that's not where I put it. I think your dog has been running off with it!"

?????

Apparently, as the mailman was placing the box by the garage with the bundle of mail sitting on top, the dog grabbed the mail and started running. Wet mail.... oh, now I get it, doggie slobber.

Lilly, our dog, couldn't have been happier! Everyday this nice man has been visiting her and bringing her a new toy! Not standard dog fare, but hey, she doesn't turn down a gift no matter how weird it is!

No comments: