Monday, January 09, 2006

Girls Only Weekend!


January is traditionally the month that burnout sets in. The days are short and dark, the curriculum isn't new anymore and the excitement of Christmas has faded. Last week I was really starting to feel that and I had lost a great deal of the energy I needed to tackle our days.

Then, this weekend I went to Columbus to visit two cherished high school friends, Chong and Arica. (The photo is Arica and Chong at our Junior year choir trip to DC. Don't you love the glasses? They are going to kill me when they see this!) We spent endless hours talking about everything and even went to a spa on Saturday. What a wonderful, recharging weekend! This was girls only event and it marked the first time Arica had been away from her newborn. It was also the first time Chong had been away from her family for a non-work related event. What a wonderful excuse to gather together and chase the winter blahs away!

I feel renewed and ready to tackle the last half of first grade!

No comments: