Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Young Love



Ahh, young love...

The stares full of longing.
The soft nudges.
The head-bobbing.
The regurgitation.

Apparently, Apollo, our new baby parrot, is in love with me.

How do I know?

When I touch him he brings up his lunch for me to feast upon.

At first I mistook his advances as a sickness. With all the men I've dated in the past, barfing has never been a good sign. However, in the bird world, it has much more romantic connotations. I just hope he doesn't expect me to reciprocate.

I suppose it is akin to a poodle humping my leg or a cat dropping a half dead mouse at my feet in the middle of the living room. (ahem, hypothetically speaking of course. Well, if you must know, I seem to attract a certain "advances" from the Animal Kingdom.) I'm so glad humans prefer flowers, chocolates and insipid poetry.

Keep your eye out for me. I'm the one with the barfing, diaper-clad parrot on her shoulder.

*sigh* How in the world did I get here? This was supposed to be BirdMan's bird.

No comments: