Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Final Grade in my Marketing F504 class

I got an A!!!


I would have been unbelievably ashamed if my grade came in lower than that considering marketing is my background!

Now I have to figure out if I want to continue pursuing my MBA. The problem is that once you get an MBA, you actually have to use it.

The types of positions that require an MBA don't mix well with being a single parent of triplets.

What I want is a job that allows me flexibility, insurance and a reasonable work hours. Sounds like a lot to ask, eh?

Divorce brought my homeschooling journey to an abrupt halt. I'm thankful that the kids are excited about attending public school this fall.

Last night they were looking through the school's website and clicking on all the clubs and activities offered. BirdMan wants to join the science club and the chess club. RocketMan is set on the basketball team. GooseyGirl wants all things artsy.

I still haven't processed all the emotions I have about the upcoming changes to their education. I know it is going to be a difficult adjustment for all of us.

One of the things I will miss are the field trips to the zoo during a weekday when we can have the whole place to ourselves.

Here are some photos of an outing this past spring to feed the lorikeets. You may wonder why you can't see GooseyGirl in the photos. It is because she was hiding inside her Grandma's jacket so a bird wouldn't land on her. She is okay with our single conure but flocks of birds scare her to pieces!





Technorati Tags: homeschooling, home school, education, home education, parenting, family, homeschooler, children, unschooling, teaching

4 comments:

Doodlebug Gail said...

Congratulations! You are doing so well with your studies ..... you've come a long way in the last year and I am so happy to be able to know you. (((HUGS)))

Unknown said...

Gail- You are the best! I'm so lucky to have such a great friend and cheerleader in my corner!

Saska said...

Congrats on the grades.....and you were really worried?!
Glad the kiddos are excited about attending school....but you've raised them to be very outgoing and not self-centered. They'll do fine.

Good luck in finding a job with everything you want/need. It'll come...you'll find it.

Unknown said...

I think it was just a reaction to the pile of stress I'm under. I really didn't know how I was going to balance school, full time job, moving, divorce and homeschooling.

I'm working on reducing my stress and conflicts now. I need some healing time.

Thanks for all the encouragement!