Tuesday, August 14, 2007

First Day Tears


My kidlets started public school for the first time yesterday. The boys seemed to do okay but GooseyGirl really had a rough time. She was seated next to a boy who is the class clown and was getting her into trouble.

The teacher uses a green, yellow, red sign and GooseGirl almost had to put her name on yellow yesterday because of this distracting boy sitting next to her. She was in tears when she got home, her stomach had butterflies and then she ended up in my bed in the middle of the night due to bad dreams.

I wrote a note to the teacher and asked that GooseyGirl be moved away from him. Hopefully that will work and she'll have a better day today. All three of them asked if they'd have to go to school again today for another seven hours. They said they liked our school where we only do 3 hours a day.

I guess I just want them to love it. They have a high love for learning now and I want that to flourish. RocketMan said math was great. They only did plussing under 10. YIKES- this is the kid who is doing long division on his own.

I know, I know, it is the first day- baby steps, baby steps. This is going to be a difficult transition.

In quilty news, I finished a Batik top today. I'm working on a website for my quilts and will soon have it ready for launch! This top was done completely out of my scrap drawer. Gotta love a pro-bono quilt top!


Technorati Tags: homeschooling, home school, education, home education, parenting, family, homeschooler, children, unschooling, teaching

No comments: