Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Quilty Vacation


About five years ago I decided I would learn to quilt. It quickly became more than a hobby. Through quilting I'm able to express my love for others and touch a future generation. One of the unexpected benefits was the opportunity to meet some really wonderful women.

After deciding to learn quilting I joined an online message board that went belly up about 2 years ago. Since then many of the women from that old group formed a new online quilty community.

Every summer for the past three years we've had a retreat in the middle of the country. Today is the first day of the retreat and I'll be driving five hours to hang out with my internet friends. Many of those women I've never met but I talk to every day. It will be so much fun putting names with faces and sewing my fingers off for the next four days.

One of the projects we are doing as a group is making "Love Covers" for the St. Louis Children's Hospital. The picture you see is the one I did. It is a crib size quilt that I backed in fleece. It is super snuggly and my kidlets all agreed that it would make a sick child feel better.

Needless to say, Fisherville Academy is on vacation until next week! Check back with us then.

No comments: