Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Gift of Love


Last fall we went to Washington DC and got to do all the touristy things. Birdman started collecting rocks and pebbles where ever we went. He would pick up a rock from the Mall and one from the zoo. Little things to keep in his pockets in order to remember his trip. There was this one rock he found that was almost transparent. Birdman treasured this one above all the others.

Last week, Birdman and I hit a rough patch. It was so bad that I had to call in the Fisherville Academy principal. After a long talk with his daddy, Birdman decided to apologize. He came to me with love in his eyes and said, "Momma, I'm sorry I wasn't nice to you. I promise to treat you nicely during school time. I want you to have this to make you happy."

And with that he laid his treasured transparent rock in my hands. He beamed up at me and said, "Momma, isn't that the prettiest rock ever? I want you to keep it so that it will make you happy."

My eyes were misting up as I realized how special this little gift of love was. I held the little pebble in my hands and said, "Thank you, son. It is wonderful."

Birdman lovingly replied, "Yeah, I found it in that alley behind the garbage can when we were in Washington."

EEUUUEWWWWW!!!!

No comments: