Friday, February 24, 2006

Planet Frog


For Christmas this year Birdman was given a Planet Frog habitat. Inside the aquarium was a certificate for one tadpole. The day after Christmas Birdman got out his little pencil with his special pencil grip and painstakingly scrawled out his name and address. Then he got on his coat and made the long solitary journey out to our mailbox to send it off. Before he sent it off I read the fine print for him. I spent special time on the clause that read delivery in 6-8 weeks only in warm weather.

After he mailed it he asked for a calendar and calculated up his wait. He said, "Momma, I won't be able to do school during February 'cause I'll be takin' care of my tadpole."

Well. I just got the email. Our little tadpole friend should be arriving in our mailbox any day now.

Can you hear the leaps of 6 year old joy coming from Fisherville?

No comments: