Friday, March 31, 2006

Pick another career, RocketMan


I love our laid back mornings. I don't have to rush to get the kidlets to the bus or figure out if they need lunch money or gym shoes that day. We just start our mornings when we feel like it. This morning GooseyGirl and Rocket Man crawled in bed with me for some snuggling. Our bedroom has a large window that looks out over the back of our property and you can watch the tops of the trees sway back and forth. It is quite relaxing.

We were lying there and enjoying the chickadees flitting from one branch to another when RocketMan suddenly said, "Mom, your room is like New Mexico."

"What?", I said looking around for the cactus and deserts.

"It is like New Mexico. See how it goes out by the window but the rest is a rectangle? That is the same shape as New Mexico,", he replied.

Then I saw it. Yep, I never knew it before but my bedroom is indeed shaped like New Mexico.

RocketMan adores maps. One of his favorite books is the Rand McNally US Atlas. I'm not kidding. The kid loves geography. The first time I realized how deep this passion went for him was when was five and eating graham crackers. He bit into one then held it up and said, "Look, Mom! It's Utah!"

A few days ago he asked me, with his most serious expression, "Mom, where would you most like to visit? The Sudan, Haiti or Libya?"

I'm thinking this child shouldn't be a travel agent!

No comments: