Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Caesar, More Than Just a Salad.


Arrrrr, today during our history lesson Julius Caesar was kidnapped by pirates. Well, me hearties, the only notion my kidlets have of a pirate is the scallywag, Captain Hook. Blimey! Me little landlubbers thought this story was more fun than drinking grog over a ship full of booty. Yo-ho-ho-ho!

ahem....

Anyway, the pictures they drew of this story included a ship with the jolly rogers flag and a pirate in the crows nest with a telescope shouting, "Romans Ahoy!". BirdMan's drawing included the Romans shooting a missle at the pirates. And yes, the pirates had a parrot but he assured me that the bird got away safely.

The story goes that the pirates demanded a ransom from Caesar's family. Once Caesar heard how much they were asking he told them he was worth way more. My kids thought this was pretty funny so I asked the kids how much they'd be worth to pirates.

RocketMan said, "$50,000".

Birdman said, "1 million".

GooseyGirl said, "One penny. So that you could afford to buy me, Mommy, because I'd miss you."

What a brown noser!

I found a list of pirate pick up lines (no, I didn't share these with the kidlets):
4. Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?

3. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.

2. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?

1. Prepare to be boarded.

No comments: