Monday, May 01, 2006

Time Flies



They were born 6 weeks premature. All between 3.5-4lbs. I had 4.5 feet of babies inside me! Now they are seven and had a wonderful Greek Myth birthday. Shawn (Zeus) and I wore togas.

The kids made signs for all the food. The green beans were Medusa Snakes, the salad was Demeter's harvest, the tabouleh was Poseidon's seaweed, the BBQ was Minotaur Meat and the Mexican bean dip was Cyclop's Stew.

I had tons of games and crafts planned but we only did Greek weaving and a Persophone relay. I shared lots of Greek stories with the kids and they were all just fascinated. They especially liked the story of how the Trojan War started and how Athena was born.

The day before our party we got a catalog with tons of birthday party supplies for themes like Teddy Bear Birthday, American Idol Birthday, Pony Birthday, etc. The kidlets all decided that their birthday theme was the best idea and would be way more fun than any of the themes in the catalogs.

Later today, I think we'll be working on some of the crafts I had planned that we didn't get to at the party. Like making Athena Owls and Medusa snakes.

No comments: