Monday, May 29, 2006

Wedding Quilt






It took me over a year to finish but I was finally able to give Ole and Juliet their wedding quilt! It has over 18 yellow and blue fabrics in it. The pattern is a modern interpretation of the traditional wedding ring quilt. Do you see the circles? The pattern also reminds me of windmills from Ole's home country of Denmark.

I machine quilted circles through the top and the border has flowers that are reminiscent of Japanese floral motifs. They are headed to Japan for three years this August, so I thought the flowers were appropriate.

This heirloom quilt is entitled, "Circles of Love through Sunshine and Shadows". As you make a quilt for someone you think about them throughout the process. It almost becomes an extended prayer for the recipients as the quilt takes on a life of it's own. Every stitch has piece of me in it and my dreams for their future.

This quilt is the biggest and most difficult one I've done yet. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and I know it will enjoy it's new home!

No comments: